June 4, 2015

The FIAT S76 is back.

The other day I got a great tip from fellow petrol head and Secretary of the WABI club, Clifford Muskus. He pointed us to two video clips of what is affectionately called "The Beast of Turin". They are mentioned below as separate links:

- the 28.5 liter FIAT runs for the first time
- the Beast of Turin featured at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed.

FIAT built it in 1911 specifically to beat the land speed record. 1.730 cubic inches

As I spend countless hours a week on FulTrot I wonder sometimes why it is I do it. Most fellow islanders are unaware of its existence. Then I get to see videos like these and I am immediately reminded as to the WHY. I absolutely love seeing these old cars come to life again. Just incredible.

What's funny is that fire spewing race cars have existed for more than 100 years, but modern day import car racers seem to think it is their thing!

Source: Goodwood.
Picture credit: Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment