February 29, 2012

F12 Berlinetta: Bella bella

This morning.....bear with me...I made me some espresso (Lavazza Gold) and sat down at the kitchen table to see what's going on in the world. After checking all the news sites that I follow on the web, I clicked my way onto FB. With my espresso in one hand and the mouse in the other, I came accross the most beautiful Ferrari I had ever seen. Quickly to continue seeing what was happening in the world and with my friends, I dragged the picture of this red ferrari onto my desktop for closer inspection a bit later.

After an instance it dawned on me. That picture was of the new Ferrari, the supposedly 612! As I looked at it again and again, I thought to myself, you need stronger coffee in the mornings!

Take a look at a picture on the left. Few will disagree that it's one of the most beautiful Ferrari ever to come out of Maranello.
The revolutionary concept, the so-called mid-front-engine, is the most important feature of the new F12 Berlinetta. Other features, also impressive when combined, are a shorter wheelbase, lower position of the engine, dashboard and seat, a revised transmission and suspension layout, which all sums up to a compact car with a center of gravity that is both lower and positioned further back.

The F12 Berlinetta's 12-cylinder engine produces a whopping 740 CV at 8250 rpm, and this with 30% lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. And to prove it can put the kind of power to the ground, the F12 lapped the Fiorano track in 1'23", faster than any Ferrari ever (production car :). Have a look for your self in the video below.



Unlike in the video above, this animation shows the Berlinetta uncovered.



Source: Ferrari, AGI, youcar
Photo courtesy of GFWilliams Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment