November 4, 2011

Jeg returns with Mopar Muscle

At a press conference at the SEMA Show, Four-time NHRA Pro Stock champion Jeg Coughlin Jr. announced that he will be joining Team Mopar for 2012, alongside veteran racer Allen Johnson.

Jeg Jr took a one-year hiatus to focus on their in-house engine program, which is built around Nick Ferri and Roy Simmons. The engine shop, called JNR Racing engines, is located in Moorseville (aka Race City USA) and will have to supply a steady stream of Mopar Hemis to the Coughlin Bros Racing shop in Delaware. Jeg Sr will be onboard as well, acting as team advisor. Renowned European P/S champion Tomi Laine will be tuning the Dodge Avenger, which will run under a Jerry Haas chassis.

"I think Tomi will do a great job with us, and my dad, my brothers, and I have been extremely successful together. Coupled with our new relatonships with Mopar and Chrysler Group engineers, I think we're really going to hear great noise out of our Mopar Hemis. The passion I've witnessed in the folks I've dealt with at Mopar and Chrysler Group is second to none. Their enthusiasm and excitement is a big reason this program came together, and that passion is something that will fuel our team next year," concluded Coughlin.

I better start organizing a trip to Pomona for the NHRA Winternationals. Even though, last time I attended that event, there was a storm of century that caused it to snow in down-town LA and put a damper on things, I believe that this new team will surely be able to fire some shots off the bow right out of the gate. KB Racing, watch out!

For more info visit: http://teamjegs.com
Source and pictures courtesy : NHRA

No comments:

Post a Comment