September 10, 2011

Drag racing family saddened by the loss of XPS driver Bert Jackson

Bert Jackson
Last night the ADRL family and the drag racing community were shocked by the sad news that Extreme Pro Stock driver Bert Jackson had succumbed to injuries sustained in a racing accident during the third qualifying session at Rockingham Raceway in North Carolina.

Jackson was running against Trevor Eman of Aruba during the third qualifying session when his 2007 Pontiac GTO hit the right wall, the left wall and then barrel-rolled going over the guard-wall. WTH's crew chief Eric was a track-side observer and believes Bert's throttle got stuck wide open after the initial impact. This accident might have been worse had Trevor stayed in it, however, due to severe tire shake he got out of the throttle early on meaning that Bert was alone at that portion of the track where the accident happened.

As a fellow Mountain Motor Pro Stock driver, I am aware of the risks we take, also of the fact that these cars are among the most difficult ones to drive. Even though I didn't know Bert personally, I am quite sure he'd agree with me that should I have the choice, I'd rather go out doing what I love to do....that is racing!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, team mates and friends.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment