December 21, 2013

The Man Pedal

After participating in a local drag race event in 2012, it was brought to my attention that one of my competitors had used an automatic transmission. After hearing this I couldn't help but chuckle in disapproval. How about using laser guidance coupled with traction control at our next race, I thought. That would certainly improve our times, wouldn't it?

It just may be a factor of my age but I certainly believe some things should remain "old school". For example, a fast car should be standard and on the floor. No paddles!

When looking at cars, whether at the track or not, I always lean over to look if I can see the "man" pedal. If I don't see it, no matter how cool your ride is, it will get the thumbs down!


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment