March 18, 2015

Speed Weekend On Ice

One of the driving forces behind my writing for Fultrot is the great stuff I encounter during research. A perfect example is this year's "Speed Weekend On Ice" in which an incredible gallery of ridiculous machines, drove, skated and rocket-boosted their way across a frozen Swedish lake. One of my favourite is shown in the picture below. I often sit in my own bathtub wondering what it would feel like to be in a front engine dragster. This is pretty close..... don't you agree?


The annual event is sanctioned by Land Racing Sweden and has a course for flat-out drag racing style racing and another with a few turns. It has a staggering 40 classes with everything between a moped and a jet powered sled. A couple of classes that, to me, stand out above the rest are:

- Class 2 Moped < 90 cc
- Class 9 Snow scooter > 1000cc
- Class 27 Truck over 3500 kg
- Class 28 Other class, which doesn't exist in any of the previous classes
- Class 31 Killer Bee (Pit Bike in accordance with Finnish Bomber rules)
- Class 34 Mc 500 cc < 1949
- Class 38 JET
- Class 39 Sidecar Mc
- Class 40 El (elec driven vehicles)
Note: A=without overpressure   B=with overpressure and/or laughing gas.
         Gotta love Class 28!!!


The pictures below illustrate just how creative our Nordic brothers are. Honey, I think I found us another cool motorsports event to put on the bucket list!

Pretty large crowds fill the camping grounds for the event


This one my H-D biker friends will appreciate. Cool huh!

Another of my favs, this one looks like a cousin of R2D2.

2 riders equals double the fun.

For more information on this unique winter event in Arsunda, Sweden, click here.

Source: Jalopnik
Photo credit: Lars Martensson, griddd.se

No comments:

Post a Comment