November 5, 2013

Risk & Reward


Risk and reward. The relationship is undeniable strong and even more so when one may pay the ultimate price. These were the thoughts I had upon seeing the picture above of the late Ayrton Senna waiving the Brazilian flag in his McLaren.

I must admit that during the time he was active in F1, I wasn't a fan of his for I believed he took excessive risk. Instead I cheered the dull professor who just drove quick enough to win the race. However, with the passing of time I have come to realize that what we saw Ayrton Senna do with a F1 car will never be duplicated. The man pushed both "man and machine" to the very edge and then stayed there for moments on end. Watching him race was absolutely breathtaking.

Of course, as a race car driver you never think in terms of risk vs reward for you'd soon stop racing. This can be done only in retrospect.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment