January 23, 2014

Photo of a girl with her father

Yesterday a remarkable exchange of thoughts occurred that really made my day.
After I saw on Facebook what I thought to be a unique Arabian Drag Racing League picture of a young girl standing by a pro mod with her right hand holding the  chassis, I posted the following comment:

"How cool is this picture. I figure that the girl is the daughter of the driver. Cool, calm and collected both are. Very cool".

A short while later someone posted the following comment:
"She is the Daughter and her Father is our friend in Racing! His Excellency Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani of Dohr Qatar U.A.E."

This prompted me to issue a corrective statement:
"I had not recognized his Excellency Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani with his helmet on. My apologies. This picture suddenly turned a lot cooler. I hope that soon my daughter will also stand by my side"

What happened next was totally unexpected. Someone wrote back:
"The driver is Fadi Tamour and his daughter".

That someone was the Sheikh himself, who took the time to write back with the correction. Although a minute and unimportant event, the simple fact of his Excellency taking the time to write back gives me renewed faith in humanity....that it doesn't matter what your position in life is, it is still important to be open with people, accessible, kind, and that even someone as important as Excellency Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al-Thani can reach out and touch you!

Thanks for reading.

Photo credit: Arabian Drag Racing League (photographer unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment