May 17, 2012

Stoner to retire

"If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time", Old Chinese proverb.

Two-time MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner said in a press conference that he will retire at the end of the 2012 season.

"After so many years of doing this sport which I love, and which myself and my family made so many sacrifices for, after many years of trying to get to where we have gotten to at this point, this sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it. I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now."

Even though this announcement didn't come as a surprise to many a MotoGP fan, it surely is understandable, especially as these two wheel riders have tempted fate so many times.

Source: Crash.net, Motorcycle.com
Photo credit: GEPA pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment