January 13, 2014

Purple flaming rotor!

If you are a motorsports enthusiast like me, then living on a small island in the Caribbean means you either watch racing on the television or through the internet, or you travel to the events yourself. Although I prefer the latter, sheer economic constraints means I actually do more of the former.

As such, when I stumble across interesting racing footage, not only do I bookmark them for later viewing but I also try to share them with you, the reader.

The video below is of pit crew Chris Winchell changing the front tires of David Gilliland's No. 38, in a Sprint Cup Series race at Homestead Int'l Raceway in 2012. Notice the purple hot brake rotors.



Back in December 2012, I saw something similar on two of occasions. As I climbed out of Piss'd Off Pete after a qualifying pass, I saw fellow competitor Pat Musi, driver of King Kong V, hard on the brakes after a 200+ mph pass at the C.I.R. As the Pro Mod type car neared the last exit before the sand trap, the front carbon -fibre brake discs lit up bright orange. Pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for reading.

Video credit: uRaceIfilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment