October 5, 2011

Jason Line wins from pole and establishes national e.t. record of 6.47


When I last spoke to Jason, back at the Winternationals in Pomona, he was still recovering from back surgery to correct a hereditary problem. He was so happy to be pain free and so looking forward to do well this season. Well, he went on not only to win that event, but several more including his last this past Monday when he scored a win at the AAA Texas Fall Nationals and a national e.t. record from the number one qualifying position while recording four consecutive 6.4- second runs. This was his second trifecta in the Pro Stock category of the NHRA.

Yes, you read it right. Monday.  Rain had moved the elimination rounds to Monday in a wacky event. The only thing that wasn't wacky was that the quickest car won the event, according to Jason Line.
Although he sat on the pole five times prior to this race he always fell short of the winner's circle. However, in this odd race as the top contenders were falling like flies, Jason tiptoed through a minefield of uncertainty to get the win for KB Racing, who's owner Ken Black was in the recovery stages of a severe stroke.
"It was a huge win for us and I guarantee you there's no one who could possibly be happier than me right now" according to Jason, who with the victory picked up his fifth win of the season. "To have that kind of car and not win, you feel like you are letting your guys down," Jason said. "Whatever confidence you have at that point, it just gets drained out of you. It's a big deal to win from the number 1 spot."

However the win did not come easy for him, for he had a front row seat back in the staging lanes as Countdown players Greg Anderson (Line's teammate), Vincent Nobile, Mike Edwards, Allen Johnson, Rodger Brogdon and Ron Krisher were all sent packing early. "I knew I couldn't lose again," Line admitted. "I struggled focussing all day. Watching everyone lose in front of me, I hated that. From now on, I need to go up front, it's tough to watch that happen. It puts pressure on me. I'll be honest I was shitting rocks all day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment