July 13, 2012

Gymkhana V

Ken Block's Gymkhana V is out, and even though I am not your typical Block or Gymkhana fan, I thought it worthwhile to post the video based on its merits of "videography". For most of us, it shows never before seen footage of parts of the car under race conditions. Ok, I cannot call it that since Ken is not actually racing against anybody. He is merely showing off his skills... and he's got plenty of that.

Ken Block made the video for DC Shoes which stars Ken himself and Travis Pastrana (cameo appearance) in the streets of San Fransisco. Be sure to check it out, for there are some truly amazing shots.



"San Fransisco was absolutely amazing for Gymkhana," said Ken Block. "It's such a unique location for this kind of driving and allowed me to do things that I never thought I'd ever be able to incorporate into one of my Gymkhana videos-like jumping a table top or doing a jump drift! I'm stoked how this project turned out and I'm truly a lucky bastard to have been able to do the things I was able to do on the streets of San Fransisco. To all the residents and people who allowed us to make this happen, thank you!"

Thanks for reading.

Source: Jalopnik, Wikipedia.
Photo credit: Team-bhp

No comments:

Post a Comment