June 21, 2012

Drift Taxi

The other day I was doing some research when I came across this video shot on ARUBA, our sister island.

Aruba, as seen from the heavens
I wasn't able to find more details but it seems those crazy Arubans are organizing with some frequency now, a so-called "Drift Taxi" event, in which a professional driver will drive you around the famed Bushiri Karting Track in your very own drift session.
Drift Taxi is held mostly on Sunday's, early afternoon and the fee is just Awg. 20 florin. For more info, please click here.

Below a great "Drift Taxi" video, set to some cool tunes:



The Bushiri Karting Track is conveniently located near the low rise hotels (Oranjestad) and easily accessible by rental car or taxi. Back in 1990,  I was a podium finisher in the A-B-C Classic karting race and I can attest that it is a great track for drifting as well.

The track has been reviewed by many and you can find these on Trip Advisor, please click here.

"Drift Taxi", sign me up! Next time in Aruba I will surely visit.

Thanks for reading.

Source video: Exotic Boost, SR-Artstudio

No comments:

Post a Comment