February 9, 2012

Another Force to reckon with

Move over Ashley, it is Courtney's turn to shine. Well, that's just my way of rationalizing this.

Early in 2011 Ashley Force (daughter of drag-racing legend John Force) announced that she was pregnant with her first child and that she'd be taking a hiatus from racing. Well, from behind an 7.000+ hp nitro-methane breathing engine anyway.

Enter the 23-year-old baby sister Courtney. She is looking to continue her sisters' streak of beating the boys at their own game. And she knows there will be much pressure on her to hit the pavement running.


"I'm not Ashley," she affirms. "The only thing I can do is start from the ground up and try to prove myself to everybody, especially the fans. I definitely know it is going to take some time.

John Force, whose gregarious personality has made him into a fan favorite, said "Ashley is like her momma, Courtney is like me. Ashley is really kind of an introvert. If you shove her into a crowd, that's hard for her. Courtney thrives on it, like I do." God help us!!

In any case, her John Force has prepared her for everything. "I want her be respectful to the other drivers," he said. "If you win, be humble. If you lose, always tell the other guy (or gall), 'good job'."

Oh boy, am I looking forward to this season, who started today in Pomona, California.

By the way, regarding Ashley, we wish her best of luck in her new role as president of John Force Entertainment, a division of JFR.


Source: Los Angeles Times


A quick update, photographer Mark J. Rebilas took this photo of Courtney yesterday just before making her qualifying run.

No comments:

Post a Comment